TOP SKIN CARE TIPS FOR ALL
Protect your skin from harmful ultra violet (UV) rays. We all love the sun.UV rays cause skin cancer and if that isn’t bad enough it causes your skin to age faster than it should contributing to unsightly wrinkles. If you must play in the sun, make certain you are using an adequate sun screen. Don’t leave home without it!
- Don’t forget sun screen for your lips, They want to be healthy.
- Apply your sunscreen BEFORE going outdoors and allow plenty of time for it to adequately absorb into your skin cells rather than just sitting on top of the skin.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Use a soft warm cloth. Skin does not require scrubbing. You will do more harm than good if you do.
- Create your own facial masks. Here are a couple of excellent masks that you can create with ingredients right from your kitchen : Oatmeal mask Mix oatmeal with skim milk and apply.
- Eggs: A raw egg yolk makes an excellent face mask.
- Try adding a little honey to the egg yolk for a change of pace.
- Mayonnaise makes another terrific face mask and will leave your skin feeling very soft.
- Moisturize dry skin with essential oils. A combination of juniper, cypress, mandarin and grapefruit will work as an astringent that will leave your skin feeling tighter.
- If your skin is extra dry, premix the essential oils with a teaspoon of carrier oil (mineral oil) and ad ¼ cup ofmilk or a tablespoon of honey to give you added moisturizing.
- Use an antioxidant cream.
- You are bombarded every day with environmental toxins that attack the surface of your skin. In fact most damage to the skin can be attributed to free radicals.
- When you expose yourself to toxins like air pollution free radical production increases. Apply an antioxidant cream to your skin before applying your sun screen.
- If you have oily skin, only apply a toner in the T zone, your forehead and nose. Stop shaving your legs and use hot wax. Much gentler on your skin.
- Mix up a tablespoon of brandy along with a smashed up peach and apply to your face for twenty minutes then rinse. Makes for a great summer facial.